Thread: MAGES. (#773)
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2014, 09:31 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the research Dag. The article you linked at the end looks interesting, let us know if there's some useful information in it.

About the enclosures, even if we go with 2b I think it would make sense to create the 5pb.Games label and link it as "Imprint" along with 5pb/MAGES, since we have the Records label.
I would actually prefer 2a, since we don't usually link the manufacturer in most entries (like we never linked 5pb. company for 5pb.Records entries or King Record company for Starchild Records entries), it would be more consistent to just make a 5pb.Games label and link that.
Anyway for the time being I linked the entries with the 5pb.Games logo to the companies so we don't forget about them, though there are some I'm not sure about/I've left unlinked:

These are mostly for the FPBD catalog, while the FVGK catalog always has the 5pb.Games logo.

Since I fixed the distributors for the normal 5pb entries, here are some of the more straightforward catalogs with the respective distributor, in case anyone is confused when making a new entry:
FVCG: 5pb. Records (distributed by Media Factory)
VGCD/VGDV: 5pb. Records (distributed by Geneon Entertainment) or Geneon Universal Entertainment depending on the date
YZPB: 5pb. Records (distributed by CROWN TOKUMA music distribution) or Stand-Up! Records (distributed by CROWN TOKUMA music distribution)
USSW: 5pb. Records
FVGK: 5pb. Games

There are also some 5pb releases mixed in other companies catalogs, like ZMCZ-38xx, ZMCZ-39xx, some PCCG-900xx, PCCR-900xx, AVCA-49xxx, SVWC-78xx and so on, that are by 5pb. Records and distributed by the respective companies according to the catalog.

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 3, 2014 at 09:35 PM.