View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:12 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Ah well.. i find myself a bit lonely on this thread, seems like i am the only user of this tool?

Matter is (and i am sure i am not the only one..), i don't know how to use the CDDB/freedb tool.. it's something i never used of my life and i have no idea how it works and what is needed for it.

I mainly use Foobar2000 & Winamp 5.x, nothing else.
But i hardly use any plug-ins.. playing the music is all i ask.

(if someone is willing to make a tutorual to use the CDDB/freedb tool, that would be cool)

I also got a question about it.. it's mainly used to tag freshly ripped albums.. or can it be used to tags already ripped/tagged ones?

I like the combo Let's Tag / MP3tag cause i don't have to search/listen/start my music, it's amazingly fast & effective.

So if you ask about that nfo/txt export tool.. i am (yeah alone again?) still interested about it.
I don't think mp3tag is able to export the note field..
(but hey no problem if you don't want/don't have time to do it!)

While i am at it, recent changes to the database have altered Let's Tag, and the "Search" utility does not work 100% anymore.
I am not sure, but i think you can't search anymore for "partial" text or title.
(ex: if you search for "sonic", it does not find anything)
But it can work if you specify the catalog number (it does not work with "N/A" catalogs..)

Anyway, i understand that you don't want to continue to work on your tool.
There's no problem about it.

It have been helpfull so far, and if it does not work anymore, i'll find something else, no worry.