View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
If it were me, I'd buy it solely for the sound effects; I always loved the sound effects of the Biohazard series. Even the save theme (if I'm not mistaken, it's the track called "Soave". I have actually not played the game, so I don't know...) is only mediocre at best... for being a Biohazard soundtrack at least. I think putting Mamoru Samuragouchi on a Biohazard project was a mistake. But of course, you may think differently.
Yeah I agree with you about this album, it's all over the place in terms of composition and quality. Most of the tracks are almost criminally short, with the few good ones begging for extended versions. The tracks I like are songs like "Queitamente", "Soave", "Placido", "Flebile", "Grave" and a couple others. Other than these few tracks, the others are practically a waste of the disc which is a shame. I wonder why Capcom would produce such a lackluster album, especially for a well known franchise like Biohazard/RE. Mamoru composed for the "Biohazard Orchestra Album" which I thought was brilliant, strangely not this one though. Both of us love the Save Themes for this series, and I agree that "Soave" is weak compared to the others. Biohazard/RE Code Veronica Save Theme this isn't.

I am finding that this album is really hard to like, no matter how hard I try to make myself. I just don't know if it's worth it, from a musical prospective anyways. I think that I still feel that the "Bio Hazard Sound Track Remix" and the "Biohazard 2 Complete" are better albums for me to track down. The only thing I am still contemplating is if these "few" tracks are worth it against all those other lesser tracks. Gotta think about this one some more I suppose.

Last edited by thedreamtraveler; Jan 18, 2012 at 07:55 AM.