View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Yasunori Shiono (Lufia I & II, Energy Breaker)
Last known game work: CIMA: The Enemy (2003)
He left Neverland sometime after CIMA and worked at a soba shop for a very long time. I've heard he's apparently getting back into game composition to some extent, as he composed the title theme ("Red Spider Lily"), opening theme ("Red Spider"), main(?) theme ("Vengeance") and ending theme ("Retribution") for a Hong Kong noir-style visual novel called Red Spider, and composed three more tracks for the sequel ("Fulltime Killer", "Running on Karma", and "Exiled"). Yukio Nakajima also contributed to Red Spider 2 with the tracks "Diversion Fight" and "Undercover". If Shiono's done anything since then, the English-speaking Internet does not have any information on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
What ever happened to Yuko Takehara? Like Mari Yamaguchi, she was last seen composing for video games in 1999 (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), and then disappeared until 2010 to write for Rockman 10 again. I love Yuko's music, it's a shame she's not actively composing anymore.
She didn't disappear completely. I don't know what else she's done, but she wrote the (largely disappointing with the exception of Vaati's theme) music for The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, the GBA game included with the release of A Link to the Past and not to be confused with GameCube Zelda Four Swords Adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Very interesting thread.

Akito Nakatsuka (Ice Climber, Excite Bike, Zelda II: Link's Awakening)
Last known game work: Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (2006)
From what I can glean, he was shifted from EAD to SPD years ago and mostly does sound support and supervision. Of course, with EAD and SPD merged as EPD, it's possible he may have left or been given the boot.

Last edited by GDPR_delete_03; Jul 6, 2016 at 05:16 AM.