View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
Always nice to see someone else playing around with RPG Maker… In case you'll ever feel like pursuing that "hobby", I advice against using RPG Maker MV: it has memory leak issues - games will likely crash when things like big filesize/custom scripts/extended playtime are involved.
Much safer to stick to other versions of RPG Maker, for the time being (RTP files can be freely — and legally downloaded, anyway).
Yes, two big issues with RPG Maker MV did occur from my experience and probably because of your mentioned memory leak:

1. Music delay (e.g. depending on how big the music file is, it takes a few seconds for the music to start playing every time a battle starts or enter a new area etc). I think it's because MV is optimised for short(er) music with smaller file sizes and is not good at handling like, 4-5+ minute tunes.
2. The game crashing or the screen stays black with the music playing when I'm grinding battles for EXP. This problem may be linked to the previous point.

The problems seem to go away or is not as bad if I use different computers so it may be a hardware or software configuration issue too.

Anyway having said that, my new hobby for now is uploading Rocksmith game music playthroughs to my YouTube channel so I probably won't making any updates to my S.S.H. game in the near future.

Also, while I'm here making this post, letting you folks know that there's yet another Touhou arrange album and a new S.S.H. mini-album. Check S.S.H.'s profile page here on vgmdb for more details.