View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2017, 05:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post
Taro Kudo is credited as a music composer for this just about everywhere, surely there must have been something here he wrote.
I'm quite certain that's all based on the "sound designer" credit for everyone in the game and there still isn't any info on what Kudo specifically was responsible for. We only found out what the other three did thanks to akiropito (though VGMO's interview with Adachi finally came out and he verifies there he wrote music too; he also talks about "Simon Belmont's Theme" but stops short of outright saying he wrote it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post
I will say though that I don't really understand the significance of Dag's link? "Akiropito" is Akira Souji, isn't it? I went through that page in Google Translate but I don't see any mention of Kudo that would have anything to do with his involvement in the game.
(akiropito = Akira Souji yes)

The post is just about the band Opus III. akiropito brings up Adachi because he introduced him to the band, and in the process he names Adachi as a composer for SCIV without mentioning Kudo. It's not strong evidence at all, just no one ever seems to mention Kudo having worked on the music, on blogs or in interviews or in the liner notes here. I absolutely would not rule him out, I just wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do much or anything.