View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2022, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucumo View Post
Do you speak Japanese? I do hope so since a decent number of sellers hate dealing with foreigners either writing in a non-Japanese language or using a translator (especially if the website has an IP block in place). And yeah, I also have my bookmarks all over the place.

Hm, it does seem like the registration requires a Japanese IP. Though, this can also be done with a free proxy and a browser addon or something along those lines. As for VPNs, I know ProtonVPN has a Japanese one in their free offering. Never used the service, so I don't know how good it is. I also do hope you can deal with the phone verification which will likely also require a number situated within Japan.
Forgot to reply to your post but I'll mainly use it for asking questions like "Does it come with the instruction manual?" and "Does the disc have scratches" etc... which should be simple enough for me to not get outed as a dirty foreigner. Anyway, I tried signing up again with a Japanese VPN which got me past most of the registration process but like you said, I couldn't get past the phone verification section. Would be nice if I could get some Mercari search alerts because the bargains get snatched up pretty quickly there. Reminds me of eBay 10-20 years ago.