View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2008, 05:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Ito View Post
You have the opportunity to include and unify that information here, but you won't because of some stubborn view you maintain towards the legitimacy of a soundtrack.
This is not what I wanted to see upon returning home.

I think we've been very open to input here. For those places where we have been rigid, it's because we feel it will degrade the quality of what we present. Being stubborn is a virtue in this regard.

Original game audio is not going into the albums database because it does not belong there. The argument for this is presented elsewhere, so I won't repeat it here.

Information about a game's music belongs in the games table. This isn't ready yet, and there's still some architecture that needs to be hammered out. There's also some stuff to work out with partners. It's going to happen though, and I know it seems like things take a long time, but the result is something that's been thoughtfully considered before implementation.

On the artist pages, the notes and biography sections are going to be opened up soon. I was hoping to generate some discussion on their content and use, and was waiting to hear some opinions before creating them.