View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:19 AM

Sorry to bring that quote up so belatedly, only noticed it now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Ito View Post
Moby Games, Wikipedia, that one Japanese site that lists almost every composer ever except it's all in Japanese, SNESmusic.org, Project 2612, etc. You have the opportunity to include and unify that information here (...) Please consider allowing users to edit artist pages to include the artist's full work.
I asked SS in private before if he'd be willing to work toward automatizing this. At snesmusic.org we have a lot of data from different systems (SNES being the obvious one, but thanks to Knurek also pretty much everything supported by Hoot as well as some starts for NSF, GBS, HES and SFS) which I feel need some form of unified gateway listing artists' work across all systems. Since this is vgmdb (and not vgmalbumdb =P) I proposed to SS snesmusic.org (as well as other sites) could offer rss like db output of the artists for the different systems, allowing vgmdb to offer more complete works listings for the artists while linking to the diverse archives. Meanwhile everyone could continue working on their respective specialized coverage. (This could also be a solution to the redbook CDs issue mentioned in another recent thread).

I'm currently swamped with rl work, but would be very happy to help making this happen in a timely manner if it's wanted.