View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
I don't think Nakatsuka has ever been a part of Nintendo's former EAD division; from what I could gather from various credits, he used to work in several games on the R&D2 division back in the day, which was mainly involved in hardware development (although they also made some games like Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land). Most notably on the Super Famicom era they were mostly behind the Satellaview BS system, and most likely some other projects that don't really have proper staff lists (some others like Yukio Kaneoka and the infamous Yumiko Kanki and Naoto Ishida also seemed to be on that department).

That being said, ever since he has been in SPD he doesn't seem to have ever composed again for any game at all and has being doing mostly sound support and supervision (his credit of "Music" on Brain Age is pretty strange for me tbh). I really have no idea how the sound staff is handled nowadays after the EPD merge, but I don't think there will be any crazy difference from the classical EAD / SPD departments.
Yeah, I briefly forgot they didn't have EAD/SPD divisions back then. xp I'm also fascinated by his credit on Brain Age, but given the legendary obscurity and lack of information on Nintendo composers, I guess it's a mystery.