View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2019, 09:38 AM

I've been a bit busy recently so I was a bit behind on my S.S.H. related matters (see next post).

I still need to give both KABLE and YABLE a track-by-track review but like the previous album before them, I listen to some tracks while skipping others.

I've given the WELCOME TO THE PSY-TAMA demo a listen and I can't say I have any complaints. Proper review will come when I'm ready.

In a Twitter post, S.S.H. said that the last track of that album "CRYING CITY PSY-TAMA" is possibly the best guitar-based he's done so I guess I'll look forward to that. In addition, while stating that he wishes he could play that song himself, he remarks that he hasn't changed his guitar strings in over a year. I think this is actually the first time I have heard him mention anything about his guitar or anything about playing a guitar. It seems like most of the time, he talks about audio and musical software (and minor things like the weather, his health, and food i.e. typical Twitter stuff).

As far as the Touhou stuff is concerned, as a non-fan, it's hard to get into it for me. If I do listen to S.S.H.'s Touhou, it would be the older stuff (I still think the rap metal is a stroke of genius). Also I have to say, they are terribly consistent with their Touhou releases: they always get released at the end of the year.

Not sure what's going on Amazon download wise.

Finally a few more things that probably went under most people's radar:

He contributed a song to https://vgmdb.net/album/81197 and 萃星霜 弐 東方 Compilation CD-BOOK. My review when I get a hold of them.