View Single Post
Old May 5, 2020, 07:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
yeryry's question above is very interesting but yet unanswered.

As far as I understand, we are Ok to keep Japanese movies/TV dramas soundtracks as long as main composer has VGM/anime works here but not western movies. So, why then https://vgmdb.net/album/98468 is allowed? It's a western movie, so it should be deleted, no?
I accepted that entry. I would respond that I don't really have expertise in French film, so I don't know if this qualifies as a mainstream western film release. I felt it was unfamiliar enough to qualify, but I am open to removing it.

Quote:
Then, onto yeryry's question. Koji Makaino, Tetsuya Komuro, etc... to name a few have tons of mainstream music in their works; in fact, much more than their anime/game works. Should we allow these works? It's not western mainstream music, so it should be ok, no?
Yes. One of the major changes in this scope definition is that it allows those albums to be submitted.

Quote:
Or the true reading of western mainstream music is any mainstream music? Then can we consider removing "western" here?
I don't really consider that to be the true reading. But I think that we do need to be vigilant if some other non-western mainstream genre starts causing submission problems.

Quote:
Then I would understand that "Oppai Volleyball" OST is allowed because main composer has VGM/anime OST in his discography but that we discard, let's say, Tetsuya Komuro own solo albums because it's neither related to category 1 and/or 2 even if he has works on anime OST.
Tetsuya Komura solo albums are probably forbidden because I don't see any BGM composer/arranger credit on a category 1 album.

Quote:
From the time being, I feel Category 3 and 4 need to be more detailed or given some examples. I still not feel comfortable with them.
I could formalize this with some well-submitted examples from each category. I am not sure how to clarify category 4