View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:04 PM

Yeah, sound quality seems fine to me. It's quite a bit clearer than most of Sagisu's TV recordings and has a distinctly Zimmer feel in how the sequenced parts are mixed into the live recordings.

As for "In My Spirit", I can hear all the parts very clearly. The lyrics are a little challenging to make out, but I always have a hard time with that. I'd say that the strings, wood winds, brass, percussion, and choir are well balanced and create unified sound while still allowing individual parts to shine where needed. Piano tracks sounded pretty standard overall. Nothing in particular that I would complain about.

I dunno. It's definitely not a perfect production, but I don't hear anything offensive in terms of sound quality.

EDIT: To be slightly more specific, I'd say that both the Evangelion S2 Works and Symphonic Evangelion had far more significant sound quality issues. I hate to make comparisons like that though, because much of the S2 Works was done on a TV budget and Symphonic Evangelion was a live performance. It just wouldn't make any sense for them to fare better than a studio recording for a motion picture. That's just my perception, but I'd say that this soundtrack has a very modern and clean sound.

Last edited by Boco; Apr 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM.