View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2018, 05:38 PM

Hello!! My list for 2018 get shorter because of my college completion of course work (or what we call TCC here in Brasil) and a new job and marriage (yes!). But i reserved some moments for music of course, so here we go (as usual from me, by release order):

The Good

Tangledeep Original Soundtrack
I agree with LiquidAcid here, this soundtrack brings the best of 16bit RPG style of music.

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
Goddamn...they really turned Mario music into something BIG! Loved the Koji Kondo tracks and overall presentation of the album.

Re:Tune Romancing SaGa BATTLE ARRANGE
Din't expected this one after the other SaGa arrangments albums. But they are still amazing. Another great arrangment from Kenji Ito.

THE PRIMALS
Very good FF XIV arrangements

Xenoblade2 Original Soundtrack [Type C]
After the frustrating Xenoblade X OST, i was so happy to see ACE again in this series. I was not disappointed. Best album of the year.

Reverie
This little "Zelda style" game came out of nowhere on the PS4/Vita and the soundtrack is so charming <3

WILD GUNS Reloaded Original Soundtrack
Though most of the OST isn't new, the new tracks from Hiroyuki Iwatsuki are very good!

DELTARUNE Chapter 1 OST
Toby Fox maintain the consistency with his new work. Awesome battle music too.

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth Original Soundtrack
Aside some tracks from other Persona games, this is batter that Persona Q1, and this is a good thing, because the last game ost was also good!

The bad
Secret of Mana Original Soundtrack
Yeah...the arrangments here dont match with each other and they lost the magic of the original soundtrack...it feels generic much like the in game graphics...

FINAL FANTASY XV Original Soundtrack Volume 2
The only good part for me was the Nobuo Uematsu tracks - Choosing Hope - City of Light and Choosing Hope. Seriously, i listened to the entire album, but most of the tracks don't feel...right.

There some OST i missed and have yet to listen, like Kirby Planet Robobot, Zelda Breath of the Wild and Octopath Traveler. Hope 2019 will bring us some great music [hype already high for Kingdom Hearts III]...see ya!

Last edited by eduhunter; Dec 24, 2018 at 05:44 PM.