View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Huh. Weird, since in her works list Shimomura used the same ※ sign on that game that she uses to mark games to which she only made a small contribution.
Right, she seems to specifically indicate that she didn't do a lot on Code Name: Viper. And Tamiya says in that new interview that she thinks Fujita did the rest of the soundtrack. And yet, according to the person who asked Fujita about it, Shimomura did the bulk of the soundtrack. So, someone is not remembering this correctly. It seems conclusive that Tamiya only did the one track (the first level), because that's the one consistent bit of information between everyone. But as for the rest of the tracks, based on style, I would say it was Harumi Fujita, because it kind of sounds like Strider (NES) (which she did). Okay, here's what I think happened. Tamiya did one track, Shimomura did one or two tracks, and Fujita did the rest. Tamiya seems to think Fujita did most of the music, and Shimomura states that she didn't do much. Here's where the discrepancy comes in: I think the person who asked Fujita about it might have misinterpreted what she said or maybe Fujita misinterpreted what he/she asked. Fujita must have meant to say that Tamiya did the first level and that Shimomura did a little bit of contribution as well, but that the bulk was her own -or maybe didn't explain the last part and just implied that the rest was hers, assuming that the person asking already knew.

Last edited by ntwrk506; Jun 4, 2014 at 12:59 PM.