View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 07:40 PM

Default If you like A...

There are lots of "recomendation" systems out there to suggest music you'd probably enjoy based on some song you like (Pandora, iTunes Store, etc.), but I have yet to encounter one for video game music. I figured this was a good place to start a thread in that vein for people looking for music that sounds like something else (if you like A, you'd probably like B), partly to keep this from happening to other people and partly because I have a few of my own for which I'd like suggestions.

1. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. Specifically things like "Abandoned Castle" and "Eneomaos Machine Tower". That sort of dark, new-age-y, rockish, classical kind of vibe.

2. We Are ROCK-MEN! I haven't found much with that same synth-y hard rock sound to it, at least not with as catchy of melodies.

3. Zero no Kiseki. I realize there are probably 100 JDK Band albums with exactly the same sound to them, but I haven't found them. Even Ys Foliage in Celceta doesn't have quite the same sound. Maybe that one's exclusive to ZnK.

4. Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest, Orchestral Game Concert, Actraiser Symphonic Suite, etc. Basically vgm performed by a live orchestra but that's actually melodic and interesting. (I've heard a lot of ochestral vgm which is neither.)

Any suggestions?