View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I take it though that you want to change it to explicitly use the official website instead of the cover/obi as the primary source.
If it is available and that title is used consistently by other sources (shops, etc.), yes.

Quote:
Anyway, some examples would be helpful to illustrate. How would you title this album as it appears on Lantis' site.

Compare to our entry here.

(Note, this may be a trick question, in that it's debatable whether Lantis is actually trying to communicate a title here. Their format looks more like Platform Category "Game" / Classification. Still, it's what we've got)
Yeah, that's an odd case, but "TVアニメ『キミキス pure rouge』 キャラクターソングアルバム" seems to be the title. This is also what shops list it as. For instance see: rakuten, Amazon, iTunes, etc.

Edit: also this search for that title gives 104 results whereas searching for the title in the database gives us 14 results (both result counts are without omitted results.)

Quote:
I'd be curious to see some more examples.
I can't think of too many off the top of my head, they're out there however (you presented one more.)

Quote:
I forgot about this one. It turns out that the macron is part of the official title in English, so technically we should include it everywhere. I think the European accented characters are part of the latin character set, though I think we have a precedent of exchanging ß for ss.
Problem here is it hurts searchability, unless the title without the macron is included as an alternate.

Last edited by Ira; Mar 1, 2010 at 08:23 PM.