View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2020, 04:39 AM

JSS allow you to fill in the customs form yourself. Declared value does not equal refund value in case something goes wrong. That depends on the type of shipment you selected and whether you got insurance premium. I just found out they would discard items after 45 days. I thought they'd start charging. Imagine you buy really expensive stuff, end up in hospital or something, and they just bin your stuff on day 46. That's one and half month, I don't find that to be very long.

I know large packages have a high chance of being stopped at the customs, even you declare 10usd. But with small packages, as long as you declare a fairly low, but sensible value, you have a good chance of getting through uncharged. Been buying from different continents for the last 15 years

That being said I fully understand these guys have thousands of customers and need strict rules to avoid wasting time, space, money and patience. I just have a hard time believing they discard stuff so easily. Like, employees probably just take the stuff home or resell it. Still a better thought that picturing your expensive album in a dumpster.

I may be trying ZenMarket for the next purchases.

P.S. Good luck getting full refund for damaged packages. Not sure if you've ever tried! Might as well not insure anything except REALLY expensive stuff.
Last time I got a package half opened and empty. Post guy ran away, I managed to catch him in time, he said, sorry bud, this is the way we got your package, nothing we can do, deal with it. Package had a tracking and all the yadda yadda ---> useless !

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Oct 2, 2020 at 04:43 AM.