View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default New Feature: Marketplace Open for Testing

To bring together VGM buyers and sellers, we've implemented some new tools and placed them up for testing. You may have already noticed that the Show Collection page for each album was completely revamped, and that a new item called "My Marketplace" has appeared in the main menu.

Wish List
The wish list is a list of albums that you are searching for. To add an album to your wish list, select "Add to My Wish List" from the album's page. Once the album is in your wish list, you can edit its attributes from the Manage Wish List page under My Marketplace. You can edit the following attributes, all of which are completely optional:
  • Price - The price you are willing to pay for the album. When this is set to 0, the default is 'negotiable.'
  • Price Type - Sets the regional currency.
  • Notes - Enter any additional information that you'd like a seller to see.

Sell List
The wish list is a list of albums that you are selling. To add an album to your sell list, the album must already be in your Collection. Under Manage my Albums, there is a new option 'Add to Sell List' that adds the album to your sell list Once the album is there, you can edit its attributes from the Manage Sell List page under My Marketplace. You can edit the following attributes, all of which are completely optional:
  • Price - The price you are willing to pay for the album. When this is set to 0, the default is 'negotiable.'
  • Price Type - Sets the regional currency.
  • Notes - Enter any additional information that you'd like a buyer to see, such as condition, or whether the album is missing any key components (like Obi).

There are a number of things that'll be coming in the future, most notably some capability to browse and search Wish/Sell lists, some more relevant fields, ability to export to csv/excel, tighter integration with the userprofiles, some style and layout improvements (the marketplace pages are pretty rough right now), and any number of good suggestions that you all think up. In the meantime, please test things out, and give any feedback here.

Note also that I'm not actually selling the albums that I placed in my Sell List; they were just for test & show. My wish list is much more real.