View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zierts View Post
Rippers do what Nintendon't. Or when Miyamotoolate.

How'd they handle the dynamic sections? And which tracks aren't capped at 32 kHz?
I can post a full comprehensive list when I get on the PC. I'm currently remoting into my PC to check spectrals but it's too tedious to do this all on a laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
Is there a (batch/automated) tool to do this?

edit: I have discovered MusicScope, which will work with some massaging. It writes a report per-file with the dB level at each kHz level, but for some reason it isn't writing a "Cut-Off Frequency" value for the files where 16-22 kHz all report -96.0 dB, so I'd have to write a program to generate a report from their report.

(Do we know how much of the soundtrack was performed by musicians vs. synthesized?)
You don't want random software that "determine" by some arbitrary means whether a song is lossless or not. That's of no help to anyone. What you want is something that shows you spectrals.

Spek can do this, albeit for one song at a time. For batch processes, use Adobe Audition.

Spoiler:

You can just hit down + enter to go to the next song. The above is a song at full CD quality.

Spoiler:

And the above is a song cutoff at 16kHz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
I don't actually know anything about loudness math - I have no idea how to turn these MusicScope reports into frequency cutoff values that ignore the tiny sporadic peaks that sometimes occur probably due to the "sound restoration" and "mastering" done by the record company. Still, I don't think the numbers corrobate that figure.

Using a totally silent (-96.0 dB) cutoff, I count,
* 16 files silent from 16-22kHz
* 37 files silent above 17-22kHz
* 3 files silent above 18-22kHz
* 2 files silent above 19-22kHz
* 2 files silent above 21-22kHz
* 9 files silent at 22.0kHz
(69/187 files)

Using an unrealistic threshold of fails that fail to make sound higher than -70.0dB at 22.0kHz, then I count only 122/187 files.
See my above comment. Loudness somewhat works conceptually, but it doesn't account for tracks like this:

Spoiler:

Again, I can post a full list of tracks that are in CD quality later. Or, you can just check your files yourself using any software that can generate spectrals like this.

Last edited by sonicrings4; Dec 3, 2021 at 04:11 PM.