View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:58 PM

Okay, sorry, but everyone stop for a second. This is really annoying me. It seems like everywhere we go, we get the same shit. Not the reps or admins, but the people. Everyone is guilty here, in their own way. Allow me to explain... though I'm sure I've made no angel of myself, I can only speak from my own point of view...

Quintin wants a site for everybody. I guess his original intention was as honest as anyone's, and that he really just aims for the end goal, then asks the people interested, ways to achieve it. Hence asking well respected people in the community, who've done it before to help out. I would to. Hence giving a reward for writing a good track. Everyone should have one. The way things were put across, I agree, might seem wrong. But everything new has it's difficult time.

OCR want the same thing as remixsite, only in this scenario it seems their reputation is being tarnished because of events that are personal to individuals and people who are the select few. As if all their effort and hard work amounts to nothing because someone on another site says so. OCR, nor any site wants to be the end of the stick, and so I commend OCR and anyone who wants to defend themselves against attacks, which it seems, in this case, have been unjust. Not necessarily uncalled for, but have been misdirected or misunderstood. However, I don't see the need to fight in this manner. It seems... over the top.

I must also draw attention to the things people have said on both sides about "us in the middle", perhaps unknowingly, but still. To say that "no one has helped" or "no one ever helped, except blah" is just not cool. Even if it slipped people's minds that it's everyone included who makes a site live, it's not okay. Without us simple people, you have nothing, and in turn, we need you. It's not just the admin or the guy who currently makes music for games, nor the guy who leads the forum. It needs to be inherent in anyone who tries to give people a home, to say that they're welcome there. And OCR, the Shizz and RemixSite, at least, have all hurt "the people" in their own way. I'm guilty for helping this thread start by not being more active on remixsite.

This shit happens and is to be expected. If anything, can we at least agree that no one wants anyone else to fail, but also, are not responsible for that unsuccess. Can we at least agree also, that some people are trying to do their best to make a site live, but those who choose not to join are not responsible for that site dieing? After all, I think this whole thread is more a shout to the community here than it is an attack on anyone else. Words were said, regrettable ones. But let's be mature and forget them together. If this scenario ended up badly, I'd lose faith in everyone; RemixSite, OCR, the shizz, vgmix, every music site on the net. Everyone. No one needs to get bent out of shape about this.

And at the very least can we agree that no one wants to hear less music, but more? All these problems are pretty much meaningless to me except THAT ONE. I want more John Williams, more Nobuo Uematsu, more Yoko Kanno, more John Barry, more Pendulum, more Offspring (early days) etc, etc. I want good music to return. I think everyone here has that goal, and everyone has their own idea of that.

So let's stop arguing and let's just get there. Scientists of music if you will.

Last edited by Omnomnomnom; Mar 4, 2010 at 09:00 PM.