View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2010, 07:44 PM

You're making assumptions on zircon's thoughts. He ignores a bunch of my messages, and I was one of the lucky few non-relatives who was invited to his wedding & attended. I guess that means I am unimportant to him.

You need to get a grip on assuming too much. It is clear you do not understand the life of a person who pushes his/her time usage to the max - if you think making accusations like that is more important than coming up with good design decisions, then ok, but don't expect anyone to give you a positive response when you act like a psycho like this.

And for the record, I work essentially 12-14 hours of generally mentally straining work a day, including doctoral research at one of the most prestigious universities in the world, and get over 200 emails a day, so don't give me that crap that it's not difficult. I personally try to get on top of things, but sometimes emails do fall through the cracks - it happens. At the least I'm not going to assume the worst when I have no way of verifying the exact details without contacting the person through other social media.

If you're going to be so assuming about people, have you ever thought that it might not be them with the problem of not caring necessarily, but you being insensitive to their life? Do you care that little about other people that you are willing to assume something about them without substantial evidence?

These are honest questions.

However, as djpretzel said earlier, if you're more interested in the blame game than finetuning your website, then you have no one to blame for the lack of a community. The adage "if you build it, they will come" rings true here - the foundation is the problem, and if you want to give people a reason to visit the site frequently, then you need to spend the time & work fixing that. Otherwise, the rest is just noise to cover up your own deficiencies.

That is all I have to say about this - it'd be great if you matured/manned up, but that's up to you.