View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
sorry, but it's mathematically incorrect
average of 1+2+3+4+5 is 3, not 2

you should simply use another word, average at 2 is confusing
I know. Maybe calling it average is wrong then. But there are more good tracks than bad tracks and I need some room to distinguish the good from the great and the outstanding. Giving equally many stars to bad and good tracks is a waste, if I only use five stars. If it's a 9+ star system, then I don't mind having average in the middle, because I'll still have enough leeway for good tracks.

This is a question for everyone: Do "meh", "okay" and "average" mean the same thing and have the same rating? Or is it more like okay>average>meh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
The ones on the bottom row, I delete from my computer
How many listens do you give to a track before rating it and deleting it? Maybe you will start liking and appreciating the bad tracks after a few more listens? Ever regretted deleting tracks from your computer?

This brings me to the next quote, which I disagree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
P.S. Efendija is right. It is the most utterly stupid thing EVER to discuss personal taste about art.
Others opinions of a track, especially positive opinions, have an effect on me. When a friend points out what's good about a track, I often start liking it more. This effect can be achieved by listening to VGM podcasts also. Maybe it's simply taking the time to really listen, be attentive and realizing the good parts. The more friends I have who like VGM and point out the good parts, the broader my taste becomes!

Last edited by Namorbia; Mar 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM.