View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2010, 02:24 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Well, here are a few details on the soundtrack for those wondering what it could be like:

Quote:
For The 3rd Birthday, Shimomura says she did not receive detailed requests. Instead, she was asked, broadly, that she make battle music. She was also asked to give the music a "Shimomura-like melody" and told that, as a theme, the music should "feature the Aya Brea character." (This "feature Aya Brea" element is a general theme for the game as a whole.)

Shimomura feels the Aya charater has the image of piano. Not a mellow piano theme, though.

Shimomura also worked on the soundtrack for the original Parasite Eve. Asked if she'd be reusing themes from that game, she said that the music will not be carried over as is. However, she feels that amongst her works, Parasite Eve is a game with music of a different color, and she'd like to carry that image over.

Famitsu noted that the latest trailer has a piano and drum theme running in the background during the battle sequence. This, said Shimomura, is the style of melody we can expect for the game as a whole. She wants the sound to have a hard feel to it, with firm rhythms and pounding piano songs. (Source)
When I listened to "The Evinos" from Last Ranker, I really felt it would be a perfect fit for a Parasite Eve game. Let's hope the arrangements will be as good as they are in Last Ranker, although I highly doubt The 3rd Birthday will have as many live instruments.