View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Guys, this is precisely the concept of the album: Kikuta said he remade his original MIDI files with today's virtual instruments, in order to get the sound he wanted to at the time. On the website, he says it is specifically targeted at fans of the game.
That makes sense, though it is curious that he's doing this now (and more crucially, only with a limited number of songs) rather than years ago close to the game's release with all of the songs. For instance the OST album could have been something like this in the first place. Not knocking it, just strikes me as an unusual release both in premise and timing.

Quote:
the people now voicing their "disappointment" about the album being just a synth quality upgrade are those that didn't do their research properly in the first place. Like Zana pointed out (again) it was crystal clear from the beginning what the purpose of this album was. If you expected orchestral / live-instrument / jazz / rock / whatever arrangement you should've stayed away from this anyway, since it was never advertised as such.
I'm not disappointed by the release (it's a bonus) so your post can't be aimed at me, but even so that's a silly thing to say. The purpose of the album is only crystal clear if you've trawled through the advertisements and promotional guff (done your research as you put it), and then all that would mean is people would have stated their opinions sooner rather than later. Ultimately, it makes no difference... people are going to say their piece at some point or another.