View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:40 PM

In all honesty, I'm not too sure something like that would even persuade Nintendo to release more OSTs, since they're especially not a big seller in terms of attempting to make a profit off of. Below is a quote giving a little explanation as to Nintendo's lack of proper OST releases (I took it from the DKCR OST thread, where it was posted by Blitz Lunar).

Cool to see the track listings were completed and added, though personally it seems really disappointing overall. Barely any original compositions/arrangements, and some of the songs that are on the soundtrack are just straight out of other games that already have OST releases (Xenoblade Chronicles, for example). I would've really liked to see tracks like "Final Destination", and maybe even the "Ticket Selection" themes as well, but instead they choose "How to Play" and "Trophy Rush". I suppose getting any sort of release is lucky considering Nintendo, so I shouldn't even say anything. I do really hope for a composer/arranger breakdown, though to an extent that can kinda be extrapolated from previous credits and the game itself.

On the topic of proper credits, I'd imagine for arrangers the person who'll be credited there would be who Nintendo called the "arrangement supervisor", though that doesn't exactly sound like they arranged it, just that they, well, supervised, which is kinda odd. And for composers, obviously the person who composed the initial piece(s) would be credited. I'm kinda curious, was it ever stated anywhere who composed the main theme? I think Torine did a lot of the arrangements, but I forget where I got that idea from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxattax View Post
Originally Posted by Mitsuaki Hagishima (Nintendo Dream)
- Why doesn't Nintendo release CDs?

We have never published a single CD.

Instead, record companies have suggested a CD release plan, and we have let them publish it under license. However, game soundtrack CDs didn't sell well, and you'd often hear news about poor sales of general CDs lately. It's just a few thousand, at best. It requires a lot of labor to make a CD, and even if we do, we think we still should utilize our musical assets for such promotion that you can enjoy games more. we'll try to help more people enjoy the sound of Nintendo, through enclosures like this issue of Nintendo Dream and the guide book of Chibi-Robo!, the rewards of Club Nintendo, or the launch of Nintendo Mobile. Game is what matters most to us, and we'll use game music as promotion.

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; Jan 26, 2015 at 08:20 PM.