View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia

I guess I'm just the grumpy old coot that wants the database to be about something particular. I'm not saying because the site is named VGMdb it has to be only about game music.
long ago, I found weird (I'm polite when I say that) that vgmdb had other stuff than vgm
I guess blah used a trick about that by using "visual arts", maybe vgmdb could mean "visual arts/game music database" now

Quote:
I like the inclusion of anime music. But adding Disney shit is lame. Adding random B-Boy park albums because they're on a certain record label (seriously, wtf?) is lame. Adding Nobuo Uematsu's CD of random-ass music just because he composed x amount of game music soundtracks is lame. Adding anything from Touhou is lame. It should have its own database, seriously.
personally, I had asked a differenciation for western animation like disney shit, because I don't care about that shit (want to filter)
about solo albums, I don't find it bothersome
as for touhou, my opinion about that is known but I can recall it, I filter it and I want product pages can filter that shit too

Quote:
This page is an absolute joke - watch how long it takes your computer just to load it. I'm on a $1500 gaming computer and it took about 12 seconds to load it. Now look how much is orange. Now look how many people care about dumb Touhou doujins. Yeah, that shit should have its own database. Let people on a Touhou wiki somewhere care about that shit.
I could be wrong but I think it's server-side, not client-side
you could have the fastest computer of the world, if the server takes time to generate the page so it'll be slow for everybody