View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2014, 02:00 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
The only clear cases of live-action movie adaptations are the ones that are based on game/animation as the original product (of the franchise), such as Prince of Persia, Resident Evil series etc. In Japan that thing is frequently quite impossible because the original product is often manga, but yeah, it's always up for discussion so some franchises are fine, some not.
Yeah, forgot to mention those clear cases. I mean, if there's gonna be some for example My Little Pony game, with soundtrack, that wouldn't allow people to add soundtracks for the animation (if there is even something like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
This too, yup, there's a sort of a ruling standard if the composer has most works in game/animation area (pure numerically speaking, so his/hers other works do not outnumber game/animation works), you can add anything else here but that thing is broken in Hisaishi's case where his (Ghibli) popularity had more influence... Sawano and other people could take the Hisaishi card one day.
Numbers-game is bit iffy for me, we should also check composers production for the last two or four years, if he/she has started doing more and more anime/game stuff, and perhaps some major stuff, then I think his/her original etc. works should be allowed.