View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwraith View Post
You might be interested to know that Takeshi Hama was employed by Nintendo some years ago and he worked on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (alongside several other composers such as Mahito Yokota and Hajime Wakai), which is a soundtrack worth checking out overall and I'm sure some people in this forum reached out to him to know which tracks he composed for that, and that also happen to be some of the best in the entire soundtrack. A great shame that this game never got a standalone full soundtrack release outside of compilation or arrangement albums.
Yeah! I knew the Skyward Sword connection. I'd love to hear him come back to TLoZ. Honestly, there are tracks off of the Maoyu Mao Yusha soundtrack that are exactly what I would want out of a new Zelda game.

Another answer to the original thread, but in a slightly different vein, KOHTA YAMAMOTO. Sure, he's getting work, but is he ever going to get his own soundtrack? So far he's only done collaborations or arrangements, but I think he's more than proven himself a capable composer.