View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
A game that's easy to overlook, but worth investigating, is "Tsugunai: Atonement". It's a JRPG for the PS2 and the soundtrack is by Yasunori Mitsuda. The soundtrack was released under the name "an cinniuint" and, if my understanding is correct, the town theme changes depending on the time (morning, afternoon, evening). Sounds like it could be useful for your research!
I actually own the album so thanks for the info! It'll be easy for me to check out. Definitely something I'm going to hunt down youtube videos of to examine, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmroo View Post
One game I would recommend with A large town with a couple of themes in effect is Radiata Stories. Different town sections that are themed and accompanied with their own Track. You can also bet that ever-so-pompous castle music is in effect here as well.

I'll grow through my collection now to see if any games are noteworthy of mentioning. I'd also look into Star Ocean 3. Styles and genre of music definitely have reason and isn't there to just be there.

brb
Hey Roo Radiata Stories is a good tip, like FFXII the concept of a "split town" came late in RPG's lives and definitely helps further adapting town music. One of the problems I'll touch upon is how a "town theme" will capture all parts of a town and, in early cases, many different towns.

Keep 'em comin'