View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:14 AM

Default Are the Mega Man soundtracks on Steam the same as the the ones on the Sound Box?

I've been thinking about getting the Steam releases for the MM/X/Z/ZX/ZXA OSTs since the sound boxes are getting a bit expensive and because it would be a lot more space efficient. However, I was curious if the ones released there were the same as those on the Sound Box or not, minus the lack of the Cyber Mission, Soul Eraser & Maverick Hunter & Command Mission soundtracks. A couple years back Brad Evans II provided me a list of several known issues featured on tracks from the MM & X Sound Boxes and I was curious if said issues were still present in the Steam releases. If I recall correctly the Sound Box versions of Mega Man 1 & 2 had the most noticeable issues and the Rockman 1~6 Box is still the best official release for those two unless they've been fixed on the Steam versions. Also, I noticed a lot of the Capcom soundtracks on Steam say "The soundtrack has been reauthored from the original, high quality source material." Is "reauthored" just a fancy way of saying "rereleased?"