View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2019, 01:48 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Apart from being the nth Mega Man collection they screwed it up already with not having included the complete score. Probably due to licence reasons but who needs this then??
Plenty people were unsatisfied with the track selection on the previous two vinyl release. Or rather that it was such a small selection.

As for this being incomplete, here's the label's response on reddit to being asked about why it's not the complete soundtracks for all games:

Quote:
A lot of thought went into the selection, but ultimately there has to be a balance between the quantity of tracks and the marketability of the overall package. So when you say tracks are 'missing', from the label's point of view as many as possible were Included, taking everything into account.
I don't know off the top of my head how many minutes of music there'd be in a complete Mega Man soundtrack release, but I'd wager it's a lot. A record can fit about 20 minutes on music on each side before sound quality begins degrading (give or take a couple of minutes depending who you ask AND the type of music).

Some of the pressing plants (or their associated printing partners) have standard size packaging for box sets, but if we start getting into 10+ record sets then you will need customs boxes. The process of printing jackets (and boxes in this case) is usually one of the pricier parts of releasing a record.

All that said, I would've liked a complete set, but I understand their reasoning for not doing it.