View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! no real surprise that it's Nippon Columbia, as they did marvelous jobs with recent Zelda soundtracks.

Finally, after all these years ... thank you, Nintendo.
Oh yes, their work on Zelda has been absolutely terrific. They have done such an incredible job — including ALL the music tracks without cutting any corners (like Pony Canyon and JVC did with their Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask soundtracks, respectively, but omitting certain passages from tracks in favor of having them loop once, and Symphony No. 5, whose Twilight Princess HD soundtrack release was incredibly disappointing and incomplete. Scitron did good with Wind Waker, minus the composer list). Their Breath of the Wild release was fantastic. The liner note booklet, musician credits, composer crediting, music cue identifying... all of that is excellent.

Their Link's Awakening soundtrack is just as excellent IMO. The composer crediting, again, is very commendable. Only negative: missing liner notes, but the composer crediting, presentation, etc., all of that was excellent.

I hope Skyward Sword's soundtrack lives up to their past efforts.