View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

I agree, Shimomura made all the composition of the first Street Fighter II episode (The World Warriors) except Sagat's theme (by Abe) and I think another non-character theme (I have to check this cause I'm not sure). Then the music was also used for all CPSI Street Fighter II episodes.
The CPSII themes of the old characters are not simple arrangements but most of them were reworked in some parts to take advantage of the QSOUND system of the CPSII hardware; try listening the CPSI theme of Guile and after the CPSII counterpart.
Anyway I think we can't put Shimomura in the composer field, but we can put in the notes something like "original composition made by Shimomura" only for reference.
Unfortunately the booklet of this album credited all the composition to a generic "Capcom Sound Team Alph Lyra". Damn, it's time to buy a scanner since most SF albums lacks of infos.

P.S.
In terms of audio, "Hyper Street Fighter II" on CPSII hardware is a simple "Super Street Fighter II Turbo" that contains the CPSII soundtrack and also the CPSI one with also Cammy, T.Hawk, Dee Jay, Fei Long and Akuma theme on CPSI version; it also contains an additional third instrumental arranged soundtrack in the port PS2 version and If I remember correctly also on the arcade.