View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxattax View Post
In defense of CD Japan they do still have all of 5pb's Sekaiju no Meikyu re-releases-including the Piano and Strings Super Arrange -and you don't need to know Japanese to order them.
I did not notice before. I went back and searched on "Etrian Odyssey" and there they are. I haven't ordered from CDJapan for almost 6-8 months, and the last time I searched for Etrian Odyssey, these albums didn't come up. Good to know. Thanks!

Quote:
Still, that's utterly bizarre that they've listed Fafnir no Kishi as out of print already. I noticed this just now as I was looking through my bookmarks over there and immediately went to find it elsewhere- and did. In my limited experience Play Asia seems to sell out of such things first and they still have it, so we should be good for a while. Thanks for bringing this to light Eriol, and Don for the footwork.

It is my understanding that 5pb now publishes the Sekaiju No Meikyuu music albums now. Maybe they only printed a small batch. After all, if 5pb sells albums directly to the customer, they may not need to make so many to give to retailers to sell.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posts. As much as I love my Bare Knuckle Original Soundtrack, I'd vote EO4 as my favorite of Koshiro's work. Its unassuming warmth has lulled me to a blissful sleep more than once. And each song was represented at length- most of them looped twice, if I remember correctly.
I would like to think that the strength of the Etrian Odyssey music from a compositional and melodic perspective is because Yuzo Koshiro composes the music on FM synth. Working with a more limited instrument set allows Yuzo to focus on memorable songs, instead of the orchestral and ambient "nonsense" (in my opinion) in todays RPGs. Even JRPGs that don't use ambient songs seem to suffer from lack of a memorable melody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
The localized title shouldn't be used as display unless it actually appears on the album.

However going by the enclosure and previous releases this maybe has "Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ 2 -Knight of Fafnir-" printed somewhere and that should probably be the display title. Can anyone with the album confirm?
I have this album now, but I do not see any English words for the album title. No instances of "Knight of Fafnir" written out in English for the album title. It is all kanji or katakana as far as I can tell. (I can't read Japanese though.) I presume the "Knight of Fafnir" wording needs to be changed to romaji?

Last edited by Eriol; Mar 19, 2015 at 01:01 PM.