View Single Post
Old May 20, 2018, 05:37 AM
Trusted Editor

Hello Mr. Sato, thanks for the work you have done and contributions to the DISSIDIA series, I'm a huge fan of the orchestrations you've done. I also just want to say thank you for your post, your contributions, and for having an open dialogue with western audiences. It means the world to us!

I think the only thing I'd like to hear from Final Fantasy IV specifically would be new arrangements we haven't heard before. There have been so many general Final Fantasy Orchestral albums in the last 15 years that we've heard Prelude, Theme of Love, The Dreadful Fight, Red Wings, etc. so many different times now. I would love to see a better representation of music from Final Fantasy IV instead of the "main classics". Given that this album is focused solely on Final Fantasy IV, I'd imagine you have more room to add some of these. In particular, here are some tracks I'd love to hear:

- Kingdom Baron / バロン王国
- Rydia / 少女リディア
- Castle Damcyan / ダムシアン城
- Parom & Polom / パロム・ポロムのテーマ (I would *love* to hear the Xylophone in this this arranged and played by real person(s) on a real instrument)
- Mystic Mysidia / ミシディア国
- Dancing Calcobrena / 踊る人形カルコブリーナ

As far as other series go, some of the live work that Game Symphony Japan is doing (http://gamesymphony.jp/) really, really intrigues me. They don't put out physical media for very many of their concerts and I wish they did more. Specifically, they recently performed an Arc the Lad concert and a Wild Arms concert that I would have loved to have seen/heard. Arc the Lad, in particular, has always had very enjoyable music. So as far as series go, I'd like to see some of the following:

- Arc the Lad
- Lufia (Estpolis Biography)
- Breath of Fire
- Rockman (though I'm not sure if this will orchestrate well)
- Wild Arms
- Soul Blazer / Illusion of Gaia / Terranigma trilogy

I think generally, from western audiences in particular, you will hear a lot of requests for the Chrono/Seiken Densetsu/Xeno series. I'd love to hear them as well but I think a lot of them are already pretty well arranged, or have decent arrange albums already, so I'd like to hear series that maybe haven't had that treatment yet. Though admittedly, those kinds of albums may not be as financially rewarding as something more popular or familiar with Western audiences