View Single Post
Old May 11, 2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
If anything, can't we just make a list of games that contain redbook audio? Like it's been said, there is little reason to make most of them full blown entries since most don't have tracklists.
I would definitely contribute a lot to the database if there's ever one on the website.
Lots of SGCD/NGCD(all of them)/Saturn(90%)/PSX games I tossed in my CD player have redbook tracks but unfortunately no official soundtracks were released for these games, a shame really.
(I have Rayman, Blue Saber Knights & Nouvelle Fanpasia Gulliver Boy in mind right now, the redbook tracks are truly great)

Why not adding a new category to the website and add these games in ?
(by category I mean adding a new entry to "publisher type")
Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, as long as those are spotted easily and not confused with albums. (could add a different color just for them or anything else, dunno)

It's a VGM database after all (VGMdb - the music of visual arts and games), the audio tracks contained on the game discs shouldn't be left apart, it makes little sense.
Not adding them as new entries is understandable, but there should be a mention of them somewhere.

But there's another problem, if we begin adding redbooks to the database then what would happen to "non-redbook games" (cartridges for example), we forget about those, like they have no music at all ?

Anyway it will be a tricky decision from the staff if there's ever one concerning this matter, unless the idea is just thrown to the pits