View Single Post
Old May 2, 2018, 06:32 AM

In my opinion yes, they should have a separate entry. It's just too confusing to keep all those scans together, and it seems they can't be ordered properly too, which adds to the confusion. It's OK for those who know the whole 1st/2nd print thing, but for the others it isn't. If you split them in two entries and explain the differences in the notes, it will be clear for everybody, and again VGMdb will be miles ahead in terms of being the best and most accurate VGM database. Only problem is, we will need to have complete scans at one point, to know exactly what has changed (esp. the booklet stuff, which is rarely seen in auctions). But this will come with time and contributors.

Hopefully there aren't hundreds of cases like this, so it's not much work to do. Happy to help if needed.

Road Rash 3D needs this too.

Extreme-G has already been split properly: promo release and magazine release. Thanks to Philishave yeah.

Imagine a guy has a 1st print and he doesn't know, he comes looking for information on the album, and for some reason the page only has 2nd print scans, or the guy misses the scans that say "1st print", then the primary function of the website will have failed and the guy will leave more confused than he came, or he will think he has some other albums, or a pirate, or who knows.

What shouldn't have a separate entry is minor changes or corrections, well I'm a bit Konami-centred so the only example I have is the "Castlebania/Castlevania Chronicles" fix. I also think the "typical" sample versions don't need a separate entry because they are just normal releases with a sticker and a print on the disc ring. But when it's a special sample like Power Drift then it certainly warrants its own entry. I think there's no clear rule, it depends on "how different" it is, whether it's the disc print, the back insert or the booklet, or any combination of these elements.

Last edited by LuxKiller65; May 2, 2018 at 06:40 AM.