View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
パンツァードラグーンツヴァイ NOT パンツァードラグーンII ツヴァイ

it's not hard to understand, if they wanted their album title to be Panzer Dragoon II Zwei OST, they would have added a II in the jap album title at least
is it the case? no, so the album title shouldn't have that II
That I DID understand. You're saying that if "II" is not present in Jap title than it shouldn't be in Eng title either. And this is exactly what I told you is irrelevant. You're failing to understand that creators gave this game both titles - Japanese and English. It's their idea for an English title. Yes it's decorative, yes it's stylized, but it's meant to be there as a whole.

JP title : パンツァードラグーンツヴァイ
EN title : Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Each one of them is a title for the same game. "II" doesn't just disappear magically before our eyes. It's on the same box cover for the same product. Why do you deny the possibility that Jap company can give both: a JP and EN title to its product on the same box, and those titles are slightly different from each other and are not meant to be identical when it comes to translation?

------------

As for Monster Hunter, I didn't understand why you don't see analogy there.

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
Monster Hunter 2 Dos
Monster Hunter 3 Tri

What am I missing here? Why is it acceptable for Montser Hunter 2 & 3 to have Dos & Tri, but it's not acceptable for Zwei to have II ? Again, is because of what Jap title says? I'm not even looking at Jap title right now. I see "Monster Hunter 2 Dos". That's it. Why oh why should "Dos" be excluded?

Then I'm looking at "Panzer Dragoon II Zwei" - why oh why should "II" be excluded? It's a word complimenting a number, and vice versa. It doesn't matter what Jap title says, it's an official English variant. It's how they wanted to name it, it's how they named it.

Quote:
you don't want to understand, ok
as hellacia said in a thread, "it's not my database" (/end of discussion, to me)
What kind of cop-out is this? Yes this is not Hellacia's database, yes it's not yours, not mine... but why do we even have these forums then? Why even bother with different opinions?

Last edited by MiLO; Sep 18, 2014 at 03:30 PM.