View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:37 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think the reason I'm comfortable with calling the guy a troll (which, by your definition ... I suppose you're not, though I think at first I did say it because I questioned your motives for saying what you did about Soukaigi ... by now I think I was wrong on that matter!) -- is that he made that statement without ANY backup or reasoning whatsoever.

If I just started a thread randomly back at RPGFan and said in a 3 sentence post that "The Valkyrie Profile OST and vgmdb are the 2 reasons why game music doesn't deserve any respect," knowing that vgmdb admins read that thread but not giving ANY reasoning behind my statement ... what motivation could I possibly have OTHER than trolling?

To make that statement, I'd have to follow it up with SOME KIND of reasoning, right? Whether I knew the site's lead personnel read the statement or not, for the statement to make ANY sense I'd have to at least give an explanation for such an otherwise baseless accusation. The accusation makes no damn sense on its own.

Hence, why I'm prone to believing this guy was just trying to get a rise out of people like myself. And why I played the troll card.