View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I changed it back to "Ukule le" and "Fina le" because it was the clear intent (as indicated on the Japanese tracklist by the separator character.)

No separator is present on the Odekake, so I left it as it is.
sorry if I seem to be persistent, but it's not always true
you can have a separator and no space for the english/romanization
if you want an example, watch the front cover or disc of "metroid prime and fusion" and its obi
you will see it's "original soundtracks" on the cover and "original sound tracks" written in katakana on the obi

so if it's possible for an album title, it can be possible in general like for tracknames (I don't deny the pun, in order to be clear and I don't think I can find a tracklist in jp and en for getting more examples)
the one thing I agree is there is a "<whatever> de chocobo" scheme used for a lot of ff ost, I just find awkward to try using it for simple word like ukulele when it'll be simpler (and consistent) to use the "<whatever> de chocobo" like tokyopop did for its ffix best selection, that's all

on another note, a lot of albums have no separator between "original" and "soundtrack" and till now I've never seen anybody writing "originalsoundtrack" (for instance, also true for tracknames etc)
even some vgmdb staff wrote "original soundtrack" when there is a interpunct between sound and track, so don't be too hard on me please

Last edited by Phonograph; Jul 12, 2011 at 05:08 PM.