View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018, 04:47 PM

I can only thank you Ken-P for taking suggestions and engaging with us and giving some insight. It was (still kind of is) magic to me hearing various melodies from the Famicom/Super Famicom transformed and performed by a symphony orchestra, arranged with serious skill on the Orchestral Game Concerts and following albums.

All the albums and early concerts like the Smash Brothers DX orchestra concert were a joy to hear back in the day and nowadays an album like Final Symphony exists, as well as anniversary concert albums and even professional orchestras dedicated exclusivly to game music. I think a classical label under your musical direction will be a wonderful addition, even engaging with fans directly. I wish you the best and as I already said I will support it and I hope it can succeed and fulfill all the other wishes here in time.

P.S. also awaiting your own new compositions

@Aifread

Hm... I wasn't really considering if it has already been performed or not. Just a list of titles that I know work well with an orchestra and have strong melodies.

Some have already been orchestrated and performed by a studio or symphony orchestra as you say but that is a matter when the FF4 project is done.

Of course I would also prefer to hear game scores that were not recorded with live players before so I would urge for Ivalice/Kohei Tanaka/Wizardry after FF4.

Last edited by VIN; May 23, 2018 at 05:25 PM.