View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:20 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hey, I finally caught up. (In the future, I think I'll just post what I have when I stop instead of waiting until I fully catch up with everything before posting.)

And yeah dancey, I'll take a look. You're in for a lot of hurt from that box, aren't you.

Definitely: Kayoko Obe (Naoko Yamamoto of the same ensemble lists QMA7 on her profile), Atsusi Saito (si and shi are the same sound し), Naoki Suzuki, Takashi Iioka, Gota Nishidera, Yukiko Ota, Mikio Iijima, Takako Seike, Katsu Watanabe, Yukako Funahashi (yeah that's her abandoned blog, and her old site said she attended the New England Conservatory), Junko Naka, Naoki Ishiyama, Keita Miyahara (mistranscription), Hiroshi Araki, Tae Iijima (incidentally, mistranscribed), Hisae Usami (also mistranscribed)
Likely: Yusuke Goto, Yumi Sato, Keiko Shinozuka, Yuko Matsuda, Teiji Mihata (unusual name, probably an error yeah), Kikuko Yamashita, Atsushi Fukumori, Homare Onuki, Kazue Seike, Toshiyuki Takagi, Kenichi Yamada, Koichi Suzuki, Kiyoshi Nakagawa, Tadashi Itoh, Kazuo Okamoto, Masaharu Ishibashi, Shinsaku Tokuda, Sei Hatano (I don't trust Kotenha at all, but I would be shocked if this name were read any other way)
I don't know enough about Chinese & Korean names either: 金美仙

杉山武陽: Takeaki Sugiyama definitely seems more likely for this guy given the sources you found. The Crest of the Stars OST credits him in Japanese, not as "Takeharu," so I got rid of that for now.

瀧本秀延: I'm not certain this is the same person as Toshinobu Takimoto, but the names are eerily similar and they're both apparently drummers. Toshinobu writes his Takimoto slightly differently (滝本), and I don't think Toshinobu's 季延 is readable as Hidenobu nor 秀延 as Toshinobu, so if they are the same person, then either they botched his name pretty badly in the Gunbuster album or he intentionally used a different name.

齋藤善彦: Yoshihiko Saito is the most likely reading of that name, so I think you're probably right about the other two albums. I did find a few references to a horn player 斉藤善彦 too, with a simpler version of Saito.