View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintin3265 View Post
I disagree with this quote. If you agree with my assertion that this site is in better condition than VGMix is, then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to spend time using a better site. (If you disagree, then my argument is void). In most areas of life, for better or worse, people tend to use whatever is the best product.
You completely missed the point of what I said. It's not about which site is in better condition, or which kind of goals site has, or how the actual music gets out there, or whether sites "compete" in some way. My point was very simple, limited time.

So again, I think it was unrealistic of you to expect to pull a major userbase from the existing communities in less than a year. And even without the time factor, people are rooted in their ways, something you can't just expect to change in less than a year.

And it probably doesn't help that at least in the shizz your response to early criticism wasn't exactly golden. First impressions count a lot, and I get the feeling that a lot of people just wrote you and the site off in the beginning due to whatever problems they had and never gave it a second chance.

And while I'm still here, I might as well mention that the competition with money prizes reeked of desperate attempt to "buy" more users. And as I recall, the management of the competition was a bit shoddy as well. I won't go into details, because I don't remember them exactly.

Obviously I'm only speaking from my own experience, my view of the situation, but that's all any of us have in the end. My only real suggestion is to give it time, look back at all the negative comments you got and see if you can learn from them. Less than a year is not a long enough time to truly grow.