View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:23 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Sounds good to me - the only additional thing I can think of at the moment would be to separate official and unofficial releases, like we do on artist pages.
I was thinking about using the Product Link Classification to allow the user to filter the album list. Unofficial albums would fall (mostly) under Fan Arrange. If we separate them like the artist pages, then we would probably have to take the further step of dropping the pagination in the album list, and just showing the whole list, which would make the game pages very long. (The alternative - two independently paginating lists on the same page is kind of weird.) The current design isn't set it stone, so it is possible to consider. We have so many other elements to add to this list, that a redesign is inevitable.

Actually, I hadn't considered making the album list look more like the artist page in style, but it might actually be cleaner. I've been using the same style as the org pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Isn't it supposed to be used for various sound related credits?
I think the number of different roles we'll credit for a game could be much larger than we'd want for that box, so I was thinking about putting them in a separate tab that you could switch to (kind of like how we switch between tracklists without re-loading the rest of the page.)

I'm going to add a short "Description" field to the box, and remove the two roles that are there. Maybe we should use Cedille's idea and listthe publisher(s) here too.