View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
I saw the MobyGames profile, but neither of the credited games actually say "Akiyoshi" or "Akitoshi" or anything else helpful. The only other halfway reliable place giving a reading for the name is GMCL, and that specifically noted it wasn't confirmed, so I'm just curious if the submitter had something concrete or not. Every single Japanese name on Moby without fail has a reading, which kind of makes me suspect that a lot of them are guesswork, but without sourcing I can't prove or disprove that.
Sorry to dig up such an old post, but the vast majority of translated Japanese credits on Mobygames were my submissions based on my own research. It's true that a not insubstantial amount of the names are best guesses (though I've tried to confirm readings on other games from the same company -- or other reliable sources, such as Anime News Network for animation credits). Unfortunately, it's a limitation of MG that you can't include either 1. incomplete credits, or 2. untranslated credits. There's also no way to mark a name as unconfirmed without making it an enormous hassle to find and revise it later, as changing credits as submission is a huge pain in the ass.

Not that it really matters much since the site is nothing more than an archive at this point, having been abandoned about two months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident93 View Post
And yea, I wonder where Akiyoshi originally came from?
I believe the original source was the Canadian Copyright Database, which has also helped confirm Akiropito as Akira Soji.

The in-game credits for Kirby's Avalance list Jemini Hirono, Janus Teramoto, and Einosuke Nagao. The copyright listing has Takayuki Hirono, Koji Teramoto, and of course, Akiyoshi Nagao. You can thank Nintendo of America for this one.

Last edited by djsquarewave; Nov 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM.