View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:49 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
* Standardizing the inclusion of names in artist albums (e.g., Hoshizora no Sakamichi / Haruka Shimotsuki)
I've always been for the 'album name / artist name' way of handling these kinds of albums since I think it helps them to stand out a little bit in searches. It's almost like having a separate color for them.

Quote:
* Standardizing the separator for multi-line titles (~, -, EM DASH?)
In cases where there is no clear separator(s) between two (or more) parts of a title, or where they are on two lines on the covers, I tend to prefer either a : or a / depending on what the title is like.

A main title and a sub title = :
Two titles of equal standing = /

Here's an example of what I mean:
Nobunaga's Ambition: National Edition / Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Quote:
* Should subtitles be split out into a separate field?
I think this sounds like it could be confusing if the subtitle is just put in a field further down, and it doesn't seem too necessary to begin with. I think it's useful in cases such as this though.

Quote:
* Should fan translations be allowed for certain titles (e.g., Mamoru Has Been Cursed!)
As a fourth line, but only for search purposes, like if the fan translation is very well known and the original is not.

Quote:
* Inclusion of Japanese titles on albums whose title is already in English
Personally I don't like it, unless it's somehow made clear that it isn't an original title. It might also be hard to know how to properly spell certain names and such using katakana. But this really depends on if Japanese users would find it helpful or not.

Last edited by seanne; Feb 22, 2010 at 11:11 PM.