View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I guess you knew it would be a hard sell, but I'm not a fan of this. I tend go the other way in prefering titles with more information. In this scheme, this album would just be titled "Rose Crimson."
Well, if you have the full title as an alternate it's still visible and searchable. Or maybe some compromise could be made, like the 'name' title could be entered as another title and an additional option could be made to have it displayed, but I could see that ending up with a lot of redundant information (long title romanized, long title original, long title translation, short title romanized, short title original, short title translation, etc.) Unless there was some way to distinguish between the two (like setting a prefix and suffix for album titles that would be shown or not based on options. so for instance that album would have a prefix of "TV Animation "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" Original Soundtrack ~" name of "Rose Crimson" and suffix of "~".) Either way is a little convoluted, so I don't know.