View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenofan 29A View Post
Incomplete album releases are much rarer than they used to be, unless you're referring to (what in my opinion are) insignificant omissions like the drowning jingle from the Sonic 1&2 OST release of last year.

Are there many poorly mastered VGM albums? I find the problem is much more often compression used on the original samples (like in late 90s Konami releases), which is not the record company's fault. Most of the time, the mastering doesn't hurt the music too much, I feel. The last exception I can think of was the Symphonic Fantasies album.
Heh, you said the magic word, "opinion"! There are those who want that jingles, too, otherwise they don't consider the release to be really complete.... Anyway, i can give you another example of incomplete release: the Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack ~ it's missing a short & darker version of "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec", one which can be heard at the end of Disc 2... and half-way~near the end of Disc 3. I sincerely don't know if it got released on a different album, but i'm sure it is not on the original soundtrack.

As for mastering, well, now I sincerely hope that things got better under that department... but I'd kill for a remaster of the Kessen II Soundtrack... And i'll gladly quote the following user, since i agree completely with him/her:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
I would like to see just about every VGM rock album from the past 10 years re-released with a lot less compression and far better dynamics. I rarely listen to my Guilty Gear soundtracks anymore because of this and the new Falcom stuff is nuked so badly by the loudness war, it is hardly worth the effort. Stuff like Arcana Hearts 3, Meltyblood and much of the doujin rock releases share a similar fate.

[...]

And that Rockman X boxset...that whole damn thing needs a good remaster!
EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Yeah, and if this is what he means, I can't see how he can possibly have a problem with this because it's less pirating than actual pirating, which he said outright that he supports. I don't know how anyone can say "Yeah I'm good with pirating but spend money on something to rip it? Preposterous!" I doubt Dancey's deleting any rip of the soundtrack he has on his hard drive before selling it, so isn't he doing the same fucking thing anyway?
Well, maybe that's hurting his collector penis? I don't understand english very well, but maybe he doesn't like that there are those who do not... "enjoy" the packaging, take the time to read booklet, etc...... I'm guessing he's fed up with the fact that people purchase albums just to rip them and not actually own them [nothing wrong with it, anyway].

Last edited by ilef; Jan 12, 2012 at 02:40 PM.