View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
Trusted Editor

Yokuhiko Uwabo told me he did not compose anything for Sonic 3, only arranged the sound team, and Masaru Setsumaru also did no music, only arranged the Act 2 stuff.
Masayuki Nagao only distinctly remembers arranging Hydrocity Act 2, he doesn't remember if his music made the game or not (or if he even made music at all to be submitted).

And Cirocco Jones told me this: "5 guys (me, Brad, Bobby, Darry, Geoff) spent what seemed like countless hours creating compositions with MJ... and then trying our best to technically balance what SEGA team wanted to create music for the sonic game. I was hired by Brad to come in to create different music cues and arrange on a lot of other ideas too. It was a long time ago... and was kinda challenging to say the least."

And that's all I have basically learned over the last few months.

P.S. I asked Jun if Angel Island was his, and he said he told me that SEGA doesn't allow him to speak of old projects from that era. Besides, if it WAS his composition, his name would be listed on the various place Angel Island Zone has been credited towards a composer. It's always a generic SEGA. (Besides the Sonic 10th CD, which I'm beginning to believe just listed two generic composers, Tomonori Sawada & Yoshiaki Kashima, instead of who really did it.)

Last edited by dissident93; Nov 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM.